Saturday 2 June 2012

Mother's Day High Tea

Wow, I hadn't realised that I hadn't written in this since February!
Mother's Day was a couple of weekends ago and I decided to host a high tea at home for my Mum and Nana. I enlisted the help of my sister, brother and Dad and baked like crazy and pulled off a fabulous afternoon tea (if I may say so myself!).
I spent a fair amount of time planning the menu and finally settled on the following:

Savoury:
Club sandwiches
Asparagus rolls
Bacon, cheese & parsley savouries
Scones

Sweet:
Raspberry cream sponge
Custard fruit flans
Melting moments
Caramel slice

We pulled out all of the fancy china and cake stands and had a lovely afternoon together! I've included my favourite recipes (click the links above).

It has inspired me to be more creative in my baking attempts because it's just so much fun!

I know it's late, but Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there. You are amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment