Thursday 19 July 2012

High Tea Etiquette


As I so often say, high tea is really about the experience, rather than one single element. That said, I thought I should do some research into the proper etiquette of a high tea.

I was surprised on beginning my search that there are actually quite a few resources out there on afternoon tea etiquette (ok, this is the internet, so I probably shouldn’t be surprised). I had heard this in the past, but high tea is not the proper term for the afternoon tea we know it as today. However, I think that like many other words, meanings over time have changed and so I still consider it appropriate to call it ‘high tea’.

Rather than reinventing the wheel, I direct you instead to an interesting article on high tea etiquette that I found in my searches.


 
I leave you with a quote from the author of the above article: 
“Afternoon tea was created to foster friendship.  May your afternoons always be filled with good tea and good friends.”

H xo


No comments:

Post a Comment